years' challenges, and how challenging myself gives me focus and drive. Well the start of Lent gave me a massive kick up the bum to overhaul my health. Not that I follow a religion, it just seemed that Lent was a good place to start. After all, I needed those pancakes first!
Truth is, I've been feeling crappy lately, but you already knew that. I don't want to take medication, and think I should be doing everything in my willpower to try and help myself.
I know I need to challenge my idea of beauty, but happy and healthy works inside and out, right? If I'm not happy, I'm not entirely healthy.
I've paleo'd before, with fantastic results (leaner, stronger, clearer skin) and I think I need to start again. This time, I'm not going to stop. I need to be sensible, but happy and strong.
You know where I'm going with this - back to Paleo Midweek Meals!
Tuna and Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- 2 tuna steaks. Line caught please.
- One small cauliflower head, broken into florets
- Green salad and various accoutrements (e.g. olive, tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes...whatever you fancy!)
- olive oil, salt, pepper and paprika
- Blanch/lightly steam your cauliflower until tender. Now toss in a little oil, salt, pepper and paprika and place on a baking tray in a hot oven.
- Prepare your salad in a bowl.
- Flash fry the tuna steak in a frying pan. Hot hot pan, tiny bit of oil. Sear the outside and leave the middle slightly pink.
- After the cauli looks good and golden, toss into your salad and flake the tuna over the top.
- Drizzle with some EVOO, salt and pepper if you like and tuck in!
You can follow my progress on instagram. I'm not averse to a post-workout selfie.
Lots of healthy love, L x